Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wildlife in the City

Gosh, this post would be so much better with pictures. Alas, I am not much good with the camera.

But I've been thinking about how much nature we really get to see here in this dense, concrete, urban chaos - mostly in our little neighborhood though.
  • At least one skunk
  • Multiple raccoons
  • Matt swears he saw a rat that was *this* big
  • A raptor stalking and catching a mouse - we could see a long tail dangling
  • Songbirds on the hill - I hear them chirping right now
  • Pretty yellow butterflies
  • Deer on Angel Island
  • Coyotes and more raccoons by my office
  • More cats and dogs than one can imagine
So it's not zoo-quality or -quantity sightings, but it's still pretty neat.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I saw a cricket last night.