Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Softball

Yesterday I finally attended one of Matt's softball games. And instead of getting mercy-ruled as per usual, they only lost 4-2. Matt made some nice catches. Here he is:




And some pretty flowers we saw on the way home:



Last night was the Moby Dick Easter Party/Fundraiser. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures, but hopefully I will be able to obtain some from others. Matt spent a large chunk of the night walking around selling raffle tickets to the boys and then helping Kitty Glamour with the drawings. He got lots of attention. I won a gift certificate to an Italian restaurant nearby that is supposed to be delicious, and I also quasi-won an ipod shuffle and a liquor basket.

I didn't even buy any raffle tickets, but people who left the bar before the drawings kept giving me theirs. I had a humongous pile of tickets. Unfortanately the ticket that won the ipod belonged to someone who came back to the bar, so I felt guilted into giving him the ipod. Matt told me he would buy me one, but I don't think he really meant it. And then another guy was helping look through all the tickets and won the basket with one of them. All I got out of it was a bag of jelly bellys. And the promise to buy me drinks the next time we are at the bar, because the basket also included a gift certificate. Somehow, I don't think that will happen either. And I'm pretty sure we might have won more things, but Kitty wouldn't wait long enough for us to look through all of our tickets after she called a number. Alas...

It was a good time. The captain's boyfriend even dressed up and sang as Reba McEntire because they made enough money. He was a good sport about it - and I wouldn't even have known it was him, if, of course, I hadn't known beforehand.

Unfortunately, I felt rather guilty that they were raising a bunch of money for their team instead of a worthwhile charity. Oh well. The whole thing is really just a gimmick for the bar to make a lot of money. I'm pretty sure it worked.

So anyway, I spent my Easter sitting in a bar next to a drag queen. How was yours?

1 comment:

baillie said...

I'm in the second picture too, #7.
I got a number of unsavory offers throughout the night, but so did Alison I think!