Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bo, the White House Dog

I feel a little guilty reporting on something so trivial, but anyway, who wants to talk about pirates?

The Obamas' new dog is a purebred Portuguese Water Dog, a gift from Ted Kennedy. But the dog is not a shelter or a rescue dog. It was $2000.

Now, how you turn down a gift from Teddy is beyond me, but I do feel a bit miffed that the First Family did not choose to rescue a dog. I know, I know, first a vegetable garden, then a shelter dog. It seems like we're expecting the family to set examples in their daily lives that past Presidents have not been burdened with. However, I think that is a burden you place upon yourself with a campaign that promises so much change. Oh, and when you say you will get a shelter dog.

And now there are worries that less-than-noble breeders will start churning out Porties to meet a new demand caused by Obama emulators.

Okay, I know I should be worrying about the economy and the wars and all that other stuff, but here is a subject that you know WAY more people care about, and now an opportunity has been missed to teach the public that they do not need purebred dogs. So polite I am, with that passive blame.

I will give the dog a little credit though - he sure is cute!

No comments: