Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Things That Stare At You While You Sleep

Does this sound like a scary movie or a child's fear? I think so.

But no, It was just my husband talking in his sleep. The conversation went like so:

MB: "Do those things creep you out?"

AAW: "What things?"

MB: "The things that stare at you in your sleep."

AAW: "Wake up!"

MB: "I am awake."

AAW: "Then what is staring at me?"

MB: "The things that stare at you between the first time you go to sleep and the second time you go to sleep, and they are still there the third time."

AAW: "You are creepy. Wake up!"

MB: "I am awake."

AAW: "Okay, what were you just talking about?"

MB: "I don't know."

AAW: "What is staring at me while I sleep?"

MB: ~Shocked laughter~

AAW: "What is staring at me?"

MB: "I don't know; I'm sorry."

AAW: "How do I know you're actually awake now?"

And so on. I figured he had finally woken up when he sounded so surprised about the staring things, but it is so hard to tell. He sounds exactly the same when awake and asleep.

Does anyone else deal with these problems?

2 comments:

baillie said...

Maybe it's these guys. Don't worry, they're nice as long as you're nice.

Unknown said...

YES!!! I deal with this too!!!

Doug ALWAYS talks in his sleep. And, actually, the other night said "That scares me" two seperate times. I asked him what scared him and he just kept saying "that."

Creepy.

P.S. Just catching up on some of your old posts :) Good blog!