Sunday, February 22, 2009

Recommended: Cliff's Variety

I have finally discovered what life was like before Target and Walmart. Welcome to Cliff's Variety, the Castro's store that has it all, and at reasonable prices! Who needs to take a train to the suburbs to go to Target when one can walk down the street to Cliff's and pick up kitchen gadgets, tools, gardening supplies, toys, art supplies, and liberal baby clothes? What a fantastic place!

I have always loved Target, and hated Walmart, although I have known all along I should be supporting the stores that big boxes drive out of business. Now I have such a store to support.

Before I even discovered Cliff's I was telling a friend that I loved San Francisco because you could do everything without ever going to a chain store. In our beloved Castro, we have restaurants, coffee shops, the Castro theater, a flower shop, book stores, PO Plus, and so much more. We have a phenomenal cookie shop and a chocolate shop that sells tasty organic peanut butter cups. And now Cliff's. What more could a girl want?

No comments: