Friday, June 25, 2010

Back to School?

Sitting in a classroom for 3 days, not working, was pretty awesome. I love learning new things! Now I know how to tell the difference between all sorts of lighting types, how to identify components of an HVAC system, how the refrigeration cycle works, how to calculate energy use of a motor, and so much more! It will be very useful to my work.

Unfortunately, now I want to go back to school so I can learn more! There's always something, isn't there? Matt asked me what I want to do with any new knowledge, and I have no idea. I just want knowledge for knowledge's sake. That's not very effective in life.

Anyway, I am thinking:

Certified Sustainable Building Advisor: Not really school, but school-like, and I get to learn more about energy, water, and green building

MBA in Sustainable Management: Although I am pretty sure I am not the type of person who should ever end up in Business School. It sounds so fabulous! And an MBA is probably a marketable skill, unlike anything I have picked up in the past.

And then there's always the PhD. Berkeley and Stanford both have some pretty awesome interdisciplinary energy and environment programs. That's a commitment I am nowhere near ready to make at the moment though.

Hopefully in a few days all this will wear off! Would you go back to school if you could?

2 comments:

Erin said...

Instead of another Master's in education, I want to go back to school for something in sustainability...not sure what exactly...

Alison said...

Ooh let me know what you discover! We can start a business!