Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday Streets

San Francisco has the great event series called Sunday Streets, in which they shut down a few roads to cars and open them up to pedestrians, bicyclists, and pretty much any form of non motorized transportation you can imagine. The route is filled with activities, music, and food stands, and it is in a different neighborhood each event.

I would love to get rid of cars in the city entirely (I realize I am a hypocrite, but at least I only drive mine once a week or every other week...), but since that isn't going to happen anytime soon, I will certainly support this awesome event. After participating a few times, we decided to volunteer.

Here's me, just off my shift of stopping traffic. My fashion consultant has already spoken out against by fabulous outfit, but hey, whatever gives me authority :).



A similar event also takes place in Portland and is just getting started in Oakland and Los Angeles. And I'm sure I'm forgetting something as well. Find out if your city has one!

1 comment:

Ms. S said...

I had no idea! Will check it out.