Sunday, August 1, 2010

Tri Preview

This morning I went out to Shadow Cliffs in Pleasanton with my TNT tri buddies to preview the tri course we will be completing at the end of September - in 63 days I hear. This little adventure included my first open water swim and my first non-biking tri-outfit adventure. And I actually had fun!

We swam about 750 meters in the lake which was fabulously temperate - no wet suit needed. Then off to a super slow transition followed by about 8 or 9 miles of the tri bike course. Although the scenery wasn't super fabulous, I really enjoyed riding somewhere with little traffic, views, actual bike paths, and no need to stop for stop signs and lights every block or so. So much better than riding in the City! T2 was significantly faster. That was followed up by about a 2 mile run on dirt paths near trees - also super exciting and more fun than concrete.

Also did I mention that it's actually summer in Pleasanton? Highs well above 60 and brilliant sunshine! Oh how I miss summer...

Alas, no pictures of me in all my spandex glory - maybe next time! I'm pretty excited about the race now - I feel as though I could complete it tomorrow. Two more months to get better! (And hopefully not hurt). Come join me!

1 comment:

Ms. S said...

#1 loving the new blog look.
#2 wow! a tri - you go girl!