Thursday, June 10, 2010

San Diego RNR

I love how a marathon and "rest and relaxation" can have almost the same abbreviation. How is that fair?

Anyway, Matt and I spent the weekend in sunny San Diego for my 4th half marathon - the San Diego Rock n Roll. My whole family came out to support me, which was fabulous, although there was some disappointment that I wasn't running my 1st full marathon as had been originally planned pre-injury.

Here we all are post-race:



And here's me pre-race with my TNT running buddies and some of my mentees at about 5am.



It may have been my slowest race yet, by about 4 minutes (and a whopping 24 minutes off of my PR), but I had a fabulous time and was barely tired at the end.

A big thank you to my family for supporting me, my TNT running buddies and mentees for making a fabulous season, and all my friends who have graciously supported me and the LLS during my year with TNT.

My next vacation will be race-free - what a novelty!


No comments: