Monday, June 29, 2009

PRIDE: Parade

We headed down into the city early in the morning after a long night. The train was packed to the brim, but everybody was in a festive mood, happy to squeeze a few more people in, unlike morning rush hour.

Three and a half hours is a long parade, especially when it's hot outside. (Where am I?) The parade started off with Dykes on Bikes, just like the Dyke March, followed by Mikes on Bikes and then a variety of floats and groups. Scroll down and you'll even see Cloris Leachman, celebrity grand marshall.

I was delighted by our handsome mayor striding past me amongst a crowd of people wearing Team Newsom t-shirts. I could have reached out and touched him, but I was so surprised to see him right there, not in a car, not at the end of the parade, that I just stared. He is attractive. And liberal.

After the parade we stopped by the festival at the Civic Center, but didn't stay long. We'd had enough partying the night before. (I also probably saw more breasts and penii than I have in my whole life up to this point.)

What a great city we live in!











No comments: