Saturday, June 27, 2009

Just Watched: The Hangover

It was kind of an accident. Matt had at one point suggested we see it because he had heard it was funny. I wanted to see Away We Go, and not just because I love John Krasinski. And we knew the little theater where we had seen up was also showing both the Hangover and Away We Go, and we knew that one was at 7:10 and one was at 7:20. And we left the Castro at 6:50.

Alas, the movies had all moved up by 20 minutes. Away We Go started at 6:50 and the Hangover started at 7:00. It was 7:03. So we hedged our bets and went to the Hangover.

I will give the movie some credit. Parts of it were quite funny. All I knew was that the movie was about a bachelor trip to Vegas. I had no idea the extent of the outrageousity (!) of the plot line. But everytime I started thinking it was stupid, something funny happened.

And the picture sequence at the end of the movie had me cracking up hysterically. As we walked home I kept thinking of funny scenes and lines in the movie.

I'm definitely not recommending you spend $10 for this movie as we did (we are apparently trying to spend all of my salary on movies and food), but maybe you could netflix it. I will probably never watch it again because I don't think it has repeat value - you have to be surprised by these jokes.

However, keep in mind that I for the most part don't dislike movies. As long as I am entertained for a couple hours and not bored, they're okay with me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Saw both of those movies.

Away We Go is amazing (however, even from the previews, you might be able to guess why I think it is amazing.... similarities to my own life?? Yes, I think so :-)

The Hangover was better than I expected it to be. However, I REALLY hated the small, Asian, male character. What did you think?