Monday, June 29, 2009

PRIDE: Pink Saturday/Dyke March

We watched the Dyke March out on the street in front of the house of a couple of Matt's teammates. I could not believe how many people were there. Apparently every year a group of old women sits on the same corner with their "muff mitts" - oven mitts they have decorated to look like, well, you know. You can see them waving the purple mitts on the left side.






This guy cruises up and down market on his bike with his stereo blaring. Apparently also a fan of gays.

After the march we headed into the center of Castro for Pink Saturday, but we just walked through and took shelter outside the team's bar. It pays to know people. I didn't have the camera, and Matt wasn't with me when I was actually in Pink Saturday, so again, you'll have to use your imagination. Humongous disco ball suspended from a crane, multiple stages, naked people, and more people than I've ever seen anywhere, including Block Parties and all other such spectacles. I truly can't believe how many people attended. They sure don't all live in the Castro. Matt and I stumbled home after midnight.

No comments: