Monday, January 5, 2009

A Weekend in Monterey

(with the Rich & Famous)


(and the cute but not-so-cuddly)

Highlights:

~Coast scenery similar to what we saw on our honeymoon, only closer to San Francisco and more populated.

~Beautiful sunsets

~Monterey Bay Aquarium. I have so much to say about this, I think I might write another post.

~Fantastic beaches and tidepools

~Butterflies! by the thousand

~So many other creatures! Whales, sea lions, seals, sea otters, dolphins. The sea otters are my favorite.

~Whale watching. Yes, we took a boat ride, after I verified that the company followed protocols and wouldn't get too close to the creatures, etc. No, I wouldn't do it again. The humongous (! I am not exaggerating. They were bigger than our 75 foot boat!) ocean swells even made Matt's stomach do flips. We never thought we'd eat again, especially when the German next to us went to the back of the boat and threw up after a lengthy conversation with his wife.

~Eating lunch in our scrubby clothes in Carmel-by-the-Sea (hoity toity town where Clint Eastwood used to be mayor)

~I'm sure I'm forgetting something. It was beautiful. You can view pictures of our trip on Picasa.

No comments: