Saturday, January 31, 2009

Climate Change Conference

I have been to several climate change conferences and other conference sessions on climate change. However, I decided to go to this one because I need to learn more about California.

I am so glad I went. This conference was, hands down, the best conference I have been to. And the highlight was a talk given by climate scientist and Nobel recipient Steven Schneider of Stanford. It was insightful, hilarious, inspiring, and the best summary of the best climate science I have heard to date, including a discussion of how to communicate the risk and uncertainty involved.

I would highly recommend that everyone watch the taped version of this speech. Being a government conference, the video link looks quite complicated, but I think it is worth it. Schneider gave the first talk in Plenary D.

If you've ever wanted to learn more about climate change from someone who really knows what they're talking about, this is it.

I may just have to go be his student...

No comments: