Thursday, September 18, 2008

I am Officially Ready

Nothing inspires you to have faith in your upcoming move quite like three gun shots and a lot of angry yelling. I would love to give you further details, but I can't find anything on the internet. Perhaps the victim didn't die, so it's not newsworthy here in Albuquerque. I'm not sure. All I know is I was asleep on the couch around midnight, and I woke up to gun shots.

First the ice cream man was murdered a block or two from our house back in June. Then a man was killed in a downtown parking garage in July (this is probably at least six residential blocks away). So everytime we heard firecrackers, we sort of wondered if it was gunshots. Now I know - there is no mistaking that, especially when you are close enough to hear yelling too.

We have a friend who has lived in this neighborhood for several years, and he has not experienced murders so close by before. Apparently 2008 is just dangerous.

I gave you a chance, Albuquerque.

You lost it.

No comments: