Monday, September 8, 2008

Goodbye New Mexico

Although we have been remiss in getting out and seeing this enchanting state, owing mostly to school, 4 hour daily commutes, and other over commitments such as a Little Sister and open space volunteering, now that we know we are leaving (or at least I am), we have been making the most of it.

I took a 4 day weekend for Labor Day, and for Matt's birthday present, we went up to southern Colorado. Which hello. Why did no one tell me how fabulous it is before?

Mesa Verde.

Telluride.

Black Canyon of the Gunnison.

Ouray. (My absolute favorite. I highly recommend this for a weekend getaway - hot springs and hiking trails within easy walking distance of a vibrant little town.)

Durango.


This past weekend we took a little jaunt up to Bandalier, which although it is mere minutes from Matt's field area, we had never been to. Also fascinating. One thing I love about New Mexico is that people have lived here for such an amazingly long time. Oh and there is also phenomenal salsa and green chile. And margaritas. I'll miss you most of all. Muah!


I have now uploaded pictures from the entire summer to Picasa.

No comments: