Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Score One for Gay Marriage!

There is a rocking party going on outside my house right now! Why? Because a fabulous judge just overturned Prop 8 - California's voter-enacted gay marriage ban. This issue is very near and dear to my heart - why would you want to prevent a certain group of people from declaring their love and marrying each other? Not only is equality of marriage morally right, but the marriage/wedding industry I'm sure also generates a lot of cash. Who wants to miss out on that?

Marriages can't happen yet as the judge is deciding whether or not his decision should be stayed during the appeals process. I'm hoping that starting Friday marriages can continue!

A couple facebook friends posted these quotes from MLK, which I think are lovely:

"Let us realize the arc of the moral universe is long but it bends toward justice." - MLK Jr.
I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

And in honor of the occasion, a fun video:



And that reminds me of the other fun video I posted way back here. CELEBRATE good times, come on! (Sorry that's the current music playing on the streets.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know how important this issue is to you! I'm glad you can be there to enjoy the festivities! also, I like your new blog layout...looks good!