Sunday, October 26, 2008

Science Writers 2008

I have been spending the weekend in sunny Palo Alto, at my very first Science Writer's Conference. There are a lot of people here, and they all enjoy a good swear, a good drink, and a good rip on the Republican party, it seems. And they say the news media is liberal...

Saturday was mostly about the industry and business of writing, but today started the New Horizons in Science sessions, where they bring in researchers to spend an hour or so discussing their discoveries. When I first saw that this was in the program for 3 days, I couldn't imagine how bored I would be with three days of science sessions. However, this first day was fabulous! I thought I loved water, but I can't remember the last time I went to a water conference where all the topics were fascinating to me. Although the Carpe Diem Climate Change conference I attended in Albuquerque was pretty darn good.

So I realize many of you dear readers are not scientists, but I would like to spend a few blog posts sharing some of this great research with you. And hopefully the next day or two is just as interesting and entertaining.

No comments: