Monday, March 15, 2010

Sunday Streets San Francisco

On Sunday I dug my bike out of its dust cloud for the first time since moving into the City from Marin. Doesn't it look pretty out by the Embarcadero?



I love Sunday Streets. Every city should implement this great program, in which roads are closed to cars and opened to bikers, skaters, runners, walkers, and just about anything else you can think of. There are free activities all over the place; this one included some retro roller skating:



I still can't figure out why these pictures look like there was hardly anyone there. They only closed off one half of the Embarcadero and it was nuts! I actually felt much safer riding home next to traffic than I did trying to avoid swerving children and all sorts of nonsense.



Matt complained a lot, but I just love that so many people went out to enjoy the beautiful day at the great City event. And there were great views of AT&T ballpark from the side to which I never venture:



Come on out and enjoy the next one!