Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Across the Bay 12K

Have I mentioned that I'm hurt again? I haven't run for 4 weeks, and I'm supposed to be training for my 1st full marathon... Alas! I already had my bib for last Sunday's Across the Bay 12k, so I decided to at least go walk it. There's nothing wrong with walking right?

We rode a lovely yellow school bus from Aquatic Park to some random area between Sausalito and Fort Baker on the other side of the bridge. During the 45 minutes plus we had to wait in the cold for our wave, we saw some lovely views of Angel Island:



And here's me, looking awfully tired! Also sporting my running skirt for the very first time. You all can make fun of running skirts all you want, but I loved it. (Thanks mom!) In case you are afraid, know that running skirts do have little shorts underneath them. It was the comfiest things I have worn in a long time.



And here's me with one of my running buddies from TNT!



It was a beautiful, 2 hour walk. Hopefully I'll be back to running soon!

2 comments:

Ms. S said...

Love the running skirt!! My hubby just picked me up a biking skirt. I can't wait to be cute while I ride :-)
Oh, and I hope your injury heals soon.

JoAnn said...

My friend Beth recently completed the marathon portion of Ironman Arizona in a running skirt. It was the first time I had ever seen one, so I think running skirts are hard core and bad ass. I want one :-)