Thursday, October 6, 2011

Because I Can't Shut Up About the Fondo...

I just read this description on another blog that I'm sure describes the exact same view that had me swearing out loud to myself about how f**ing amazing it was. I don't remember my exact words, but these are far more eloquent:
There was a reward, though, for the truly fall weather. On the descent to Jenner we dropped out of the fog with just enough elevation remaining to give a view of the coast that was as sudden in its appearance as it was spectacular in expression. I’d compare it to walking into a friend’s living room only to behold Botticelli’s Venus.
http://redkiteprayer.com/?p=6326

Also gratified to know that I was not nearly the only one who took a look at my vest in the morning and decided, nah:

Up at 6:00 the next morning, I checked the weather forecast, confirmed the balminess of the conditions outside and decided to forego my wind vest. I didn’t want to waste my energy carrying a few more, ounces over King Ridge, did I? Bad decision. In fact, I almost decided to leave arm and knee warmers at home, too, so mild were the conditions. But ultimately I knew that I’d be hanging out around the start line for an hour or more and could get cold; so I decided to wear them. Good decision.

No comments: