Thursday, December 23, 2010

Angry City

I've been very angry lately for ridiculous reasons. In an effort to help myself understand how stupid they are, I'm going to put them down in writing here:

  • Dear dog walkers/runners. You and your dog do not have a right to the entire path, whether or not your dog is on a leash. Either way, when your crazy dog causes a tear in my ACL, I will sue you (for, if nothing else, being a bitch).
  • It's called a sideWALK. Not a sidesmoke, a sidehangout, or a sidestandinthemiddle. Please get out of my way.
  • If I wanted to get high, I would probably go out and buy some weed myself. I don't want to inhale yours because you must smoke out in public.
  • Smokers are jokers.
  • If you are in your car and you can't see the intersection, don't honk. This is San Francisco. I would wager that 90% of the time a car isn't moving when the light is green, there is probably a pedestrian in the crosswalk. And they would prefer to be alive.
  • My neighborhood is not your personal raceway. There is no need to go 50mph up a hill in a very people-dense part of the city.
  • If there is an empty row on BART, it is considered a social norm to sit there - not with me. I don't want to smell your perfume.
  • If you have a dog in the city, you have an extra special obligation to pick up that dog's poop. Who the heck is going to remove it when you leave it in the middle of the damn sidewalk. Also, would it kill you to walk your dog far enough way so that it doesn't have to pee on the concrete hill and I have to watch it flow all the way down. And know that I will be stepping in it tomorrow.
  • Dear employers. Making a backhanded comment in the company meeting about how you are looking for leaders, not people who sit around and wait for things to do, is not a good way to boost employee morale or productivity. Especially when 60% of the people in the company are leaders with initiative - who you would rather sit down, shut up, and blindly do what you say.
  • Dear managers. As a manger, part of your job should be to understand who needs to be micro-managed and who doesn't. I am well past the point of needing every step of a process explained to me. This isn't rocket science - I do these things in my sleep.
Okay I'm done for now. I have no idea what my problem is, but I am hoping my weekend with family and my big trip to Hawaii for my birthday will make everything better! I realize that in reality I have nothing to complain about! Here's to a great new year for everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes we all have to vent. I hope you don't mind, but I laughed a bit about the backhanded comment at work. Sounds like something from The Office.

Happy Holidays,
style-dc.com

Karen said...

It's okay. I would be angry about the same things as well. I have for the last week written a flyer in my head to put on the mailboxes for all the dog people in our neighborhood who leave poop in the kids' park. Unfortunately, I haven't actually typed it, printed it, or put it up yet.