Monday, May 4, 2009

Point Reyes in the Rain

Today was my last day at Point Reyes, so I picked up lunch at Perry's, a tasty deli, and headed up to the Giacomini overlook to eat lunch in my car in the rain. It was so peaceful and green and really made me want to go camping. I guess the city is overwhelming me a bit.






In the second picture you can barely make out the tides in what, as recently as when I started this internship, was pasture land. It was nice to see the beautiful results of restoration.

Driving through the redwoods today, I also felt guilty that I have not yet taken Matt to see Point Reyes. It really is gorgeous. Now, I just have to learn how to explore it while avoiding poison oak and ticks. I can handle rattlesnakes and scorpions, but this is unknown territory for me.

If you visit the Bay Area or Northern California, I highly recommend stopping by Point Reyes.

No comments: